Monday, May 4, 2009

Me on Painting

When I first started painting I was trying to find the magic to put into my paintings. But I think I was going about it the wrong way, I paint and the magic finds me. There's the beginning and then I just keep painting and painting and painting, and then it starts to sparkle a little and I keep painting hoping that it comes to something and then if I'm really lucky, I, as the painter, will actually be able to see it. This is a rarity and even if I do see the magic, the magic is different for everyone and thats where everyone else comes in and helps me "see" it. Painting is one of the most meaningful ways for all of us to connect. There is a certain partnership between viewer and creator, it must be this way for otherwise it would have no purpose because we find ourselves through eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment