Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Little More About Me

I have had the good fortune to be possessed by the art gods. Really don't think much of other jobs, had 'em and hate 'em. I love paint, its my friend, although on some occasions it can be a little too lusty, for as Odd Nerdrum told me, "Stick to the minimalistic color pallet, for fugitive colors are like beautiful women. so tempting yet when you add it to your painting it Always betrays you". Wise words from a wise man. I paint all of the time and inbetween the "all of" and "the time", I study. Study the old masters, the new masters, light and shadow, composition, effects, tonality, color, oh yes color. I love color. Not too much and not too little. It's sooo tempting. Now some colors, lets say prussian blue, it has a potent personality, wants to jump right in and take control, it is beautiful. It has to be patient because too much is too much but just enough makes the painting live. So does its friend Crimson. I would say on the whole if they had an astological sign it would be Leo.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this and learning more about you and your painting, Laura. You're very good!

    ReplyDelete